We are looking for a superstar Staff Accountant to lead our day-to-day accounting activities. This is a tremendous opportunity for a smart, self-motivated professional to help define and enhance the accounting function. You are expected to learn quickly and add value. Demonstrating strong performance and leadership skills in a fast-paced, high-growth environment presents numerous opportunities to kickstart your career advancement.
While the primary responsibilities of a Staff Accountant are to accurately record and account for Sunbit’s transactions, we are looking for an experienced accountant to help scale a tech-enabled, successful start-up.
Sunbit is a fundamentally new way to pay, that eliminates financial waste while providing the best possible experience for retailers and customers. Sunbit is the simplest and quickest way for retailers to split a purchase into multiple payments, increasing sales and extending the buying power of customers so that retailers earn more while customers pay less.
We bring data and proprietary decisioning technology to the point-of-sale through a real-time, easy-to-use payment method that provides the best personalized payment options in split-seconds.
Our team includes experienced executives from Google, Intel, Superderivatives, Prosper Marketplace, Avant and Enova International, and globally recognized leaders in the areas of data science and FinTech software engineering.
- Record and reconcile cash transactions/activity on a daily/weekly basis
- Prepare and record journal entries associated with the full accounting cycle
- Process invoices for payment (via check or ACH) on an accurate and timely basis
- Input outgoing wires for approval
- Prepare and issue invoices to merchants as required
- Conduct monthly and quarterly account reconciliations to ensure accurate reporting
- Assist with month end financial reporting, including general ledger maintenance and generation of financial reports
- Review and analyze general ledger transactions and accounts, using technical judgment to ensure that financial transactions are properly recorded
- Drive continuous improvement - update accounting processes and procedures while making best use of automation tools
- Recommend changes to business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Perform other related duties or ad hoc projects within the scope of responsibilities
Experience / Skills Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting (required)
- 2+ years of experience in general accounting
- General knowledge of accounting procedures, reconciliations and financial reporting
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills including ability to analyze large volume of transaction data
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to take initiative, work autonomously and handle multiple demands from multiple people
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally to all levels
- Hands-on experience with QuickBooks
- Experience working for a high growth start-up
- Consumer finance / lending industry experience