Sunbit is looking for a rockstar Capital Markets Associate to be a key stakeholder in evaluating, executing and managing various funding channels for its loan products across institutional lending and investing platforms. The analyst will partner closely with dedicated legal, finance, and technology teams to develop and optimize processes that ensure Sunbit’s efficient access to capital. In short, this role will allow the candidate to build a robust knowledge base of the alternative lending sector. It will also offer a unique operational experience in a high growth fintech start-up.
Sunbit is a fundamentally new way to pay, that eliminates financial waste while providing the best possible experience for retailers and customers. Sunbit is the simplest and quickest way for retailers to split a purchase into multiple payments, increasing sales and extending the buying power of customers so that retailers earn more while customers pay less.
We bring data and proprietary decisioning technology to the point-of-sale through a real-time, easy-to-use payment method that provides the best personalized payment options in split-seconds.
Our team includes experienced executives from Google, Intel, Superderivatives, Prosper Marketplace, Avant and Enova International, and globally recognized leaders in the areas of data science and FinTech software engineering.
Credit Facility Management:
- Responsible for monitoring and managing credit facility
- Daily operational oversight of borrowing base – ensure portfolio meets facility guidelines
- Construct various analyses evaluating the composition and performance of loan portfolios
- Execute capital draw downs
- Generate and deliver financial reporting and diligence packages both internally and externally
- Responsible for daily fund operations
- Interfacing with 3rd party service providers, including administrator, compliance consultant and outsourced fund CFO
- Facilitate loan sales between platform and fund
- Respond to client requests and assist with monthly, quarterly and annual fund reporting
- Collaborate with product and analytics team to enhance our data infrastructure and data delivery mechanisms for both internal reporting capabilities and external reporting requirements
Experience / Skills Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field: Finance; Economics; Business; Computer Science; Mathematics
- 2-5 years professional experience in related field
- Excellent work ethic, attention to detail, and drive to contribute broadly to achieve team and company objectives
- Keen interest and intellectual curiosity for capital markets and investment products
- Extraordinary client service skills and ability to build rapport internally and externally
- Advanced Excel and written / verbal communication skills
- Experience at an investment banking capital markets group, buy-side firm, rating agency or top-tier accounting firm
- Exposure to structured credit and fixed income products highly desirable
- Knowledge of a programming language and visualization platform (SQL; VBA; Tableau)
What You Will Gain
- Tremendous upward career trajectory
- A close-knit and dynamic team environment with a strong unified belief in Sunbit’s mission
- Work hand in hand with founders and colleagues with an impressive track record of success and diverse backgrounds
- Equity as part of compensation